Thursday, July 18, 2013

Korean Restaurant Uncle Jang at Solaris

Whee!.. Say The End to 2nd YEar of Degree

So, couple of weeks ago after my finals I went to a Korean Restaurant named Uncle Jang at Solaris Mont Kiara. The location is just beside Maybank. I'm not sure if you can see a signage board outside, because at that time we couldn't find it. The board was at the walkway. =.=
Found this pic at google.. =P 
The restaurant is at level 3 if I'm not mistaken. Here is the address
AddressNo 11-3 & 13-3 (Third Floor), Jalan Solaris 1
Mont Kiara, 50480 Kuala Lumpur
Business HourMon : 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm / 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Tue : 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Wed – Fri : 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm / 6:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Sat – Sun : 12:00 pm – 11:00 pm
Getting here wasn't easy if you have not been to Mont Kiara. There is a road where you have to turn in to in order to access Mont Kiara, which has 3 junctions. I'm not familiar with the road's name so forgive me but I do remember to keep to the right side of the lane. Unfortunately, my GPS, Waze wasn't functioning that day. Screw it.

Enough nonsense, lets get to the part where I review bout the food!..lol So, third floor it is. When the lift door opened, immediately the smell of garlics and onions rush to us. It bothers me a little because this proofed that the ventilation wasn't that good, which means my shirt would smells like cooking grease.
Their provide us with baby Apron. =)

This restaurant is famous for their Dak Gal Bi. Where the food is lumped together in a giant frying pan. lol Firstly, the waiter would throw in a big pot of everything which are cabbage, diced chicken, my favourite fried rice cake, potatoes and their special sauce. After everything got even, then he threw in the noodles. That minute we were like.. hurr? That's it? That was very little for 6 person. So we ordered extra noodle ^^ 





I'm not a huge fan of Korean food, so I'm gonna say the food tasted Ok. When I first tried it, I do liked it. However, the first thought that struck my mind was Malaysian's Maggi Goreng (Fried Maggi). Sorry Korea Lover. Even my friends said so too. It does taste like a korean style fried maggi. I love Maggi Mee, so I liked it ^^ Wrapping the lettuce with chicken in it tasted delicious!! 
Sadly, to me it was kinda pricey, I paid RM19 for a 50% filled tummy. =( 

hav to do smtg with uneven eyes..^^

Therefore, we went to Haagen Dazs for dessert!! I loved all of the flavors except for strawberry and mango. 



Well, that is it ! haha ..I know I am not that prepared for this..I never thought of reviewing any restaurant, I just happened to be bored and felt like continuing my blog and speak out my thoughts  about something I've tried.  =P See ya !

[V]

No comments:

Post a Comment